Geographic Catalog Go to Europe
- Eyewitness Travel Guides: Eastern and Central Europe Stunning graphic presentation focusing on art and architecture.
- Fodor's Eastern and Central Europe General guide for upscale travel.
- Rick Steves' Eastern Europe A select coverage of Rick's favorite destinations
- Lonely Planet Eastern Europe Comprehensive guide for independent travellers.
- Lonely Planet Western Balkans Comprehensive guide for independent travellers.
- Jewish Heritage Travel: A Guide to Eastern Europe Hundreds of fascinating sites in small villages and remote hamlets as well as major cities
- Rick Steves Eastern Europe DVD 2000-2009
- Ghost Train to the Eastern Star: On the Tracks of the Great Railway Bazaar Thirty years after his classic "The Great Railway Bazaar," Theroux revisits Eastern Europe, Central Asia, India, China, Japan, and Siberia.
- On Foot to the Golden Horn: A Walk to Istanbul by Jason Goodwin
- A Wandering Feast: A Journey Through the Jewish Culture of Eastern Europe An original and uplifting view of a world lost, reborn, and rediscovered
- The Ministry of Pain Lucic, a professor of literature at the University of Amsterdam, teaches a class filled with other young Yugoslav exiles
- Tiger's Wife by Téa Obreht
- Bury Me Standing: The Gypsies and Their Journey by Isabel Fonseca
- Black Sea by Neal Ascherson
- Forgotten Land: Journeys Among the Ghosts of East Prussia by Max Egremont
- Guided Tour Through the Museum of Communism: Fables from a Mouse, a Parrot, a Bear, a Cat, a Mole, a Pig, by Slavenka Drakulic
- Landmark Herodotus: The Histories A readable and comprehensively useful edition to the classical work
- Eastward to Tartary A spellbinding journey into the heart of a volatile region, stretching from Hungary and Romania to the far shores of the oil-rich Caspian Sea.
- Another Fool in the Balkans: In the Footsteps of Rebecca West Depicts the present-day Balkans in all its cultural glory.
- Infidelities: Stories of War and Lust These stories cover a broad sweep of time, from the first shots of World War I to the plight of Balkan immigrants.