Product Catalog To History A-L
Exploration & Discovery
- 100 Years of Adventure and Discovery - by C.D.B. Bryan
- Across Arctic America: Narrative of the Fifth Thule Expedition - by Knud J. Rasmussen
- America Discovered : A Historical Atlas of North American Exploration - by Derek Hayes
- The Arctic Voyages of Martin Frobisher: An Elizabethan Adventure - The fascinating recounting of the daring first English voyage in search of a Northwest Passage.
- Birthplace of the Winds: Adventuring in Alaska's Islands of Fire and Ice - by Jon Bowermaster
- The Blue Nile - by Alan Moorehead
- The Book of Marvels: An Explorer's Miscellany - by Mark Jenkins
- Bradford Washburn: An Extraordinary Life: Autobiography of a Mountaineering Icon - by Bradford Washburn
- Cherry: A Life of Apsley Cherry Garrard - by Sara Wheeler
- Cold Oceans: Adventures in Kayak, Rowboat, and Dogsled - by Jon Turk
- Conquering the Impossible: My 12,000-Mile Journey Around the Arctic Circle - by Mike Horn
- Cook & Peary: The Polar Controversy, Resolved - by Robert Bryce
- The Curve of Time - by M. Wylie Blanchet
- Dead Reckoning: Great Adventure Writing: Tales of the Great Explorers, 1800-1900 - edited by Helen Whybrow
- Dragon Hunter: Roy Chapman Andrews and the Central Asiatic Expeditions - The first full-blown account of Roy Chapman Andrews, a gun-toting, snake-hating fossil exploring scientist who discovered the velociraptor.
- Empires at War - Captures the sweeping panorama of the French and Indian War, and the huge cast who fought it.
- Endurance: Shackleton's Incredible Voyage
- National Geographic Society
National Exploration Experience - Chronicles world exploration through stories, maps, photographs, artifacts, a CD-ROM, and more than 30 removable documents
- The Exploration of the Colorado River and Its Canyons - Powell's 1874 classic takes readers on a journey through the Colorado Territories, the last unmapped region in the country.
- The Explorer's Eye: First-Hand Accounts of Adventure and Exploration - The golden moments of exploration and adventure - glorious, triumphant, perilous and dramatic - captured in the words and illustrations of 50 explorers.
- The Explorers - The epic saga of the conquest and settlement of Australia.
- The First Crossing of Greenland - Record of the incredible 1888 journey, which made its author a living legend and inspired a surge in exploration across Europe.
- First Rate Tragedy: Captian Scott and the Race for the South Pole
- The Fourth Part of the World - by Toby Lester
- The Fun of It - by Amelia Earhart
- Ghosts of Everest: The Search for Mallory and Irvine
- The Heart of the World: A Journey to the Last Secret Place - An extraordinary journey to one of the wildest and most inaccessible places on earth and a pilgrimage to the heart of the Tibetan Buddhist faith.
- High Adventure: The True Story of the First Ascent of Everest - This thrilling memoir speaks first to his admiration of the human drive to explore, to understand, to risk, and to conquer.
- Himalaya - Michael Plain takes on the full length of the Himalayas, the greatest mountain range on earth.
- I May Be Some Time: Ice and the English Imagination - by Francis Spufford
- Incidents of Travel in Yucatan Vol I - by John Lloyd Stephens
- Incidents of Travel in Yucatan Vol II - by John Lloyd Stephens
- Klondike Tales - by Jack London
- Longitude: The True Story of a Lone Genius...
- The Illustrated Longitude
- The Lost Men: The Harrowing Saga of Shackleton's Ross Sea Party - A surprising account of the final journey of the heroic age of polar expedition.
- The Mapmaker's Wife - by Robert Whitaker
- Mawson's Will : The Greatest Polar Story Ever Written - by Lennard Bickel
- Men with Sand: Great Explorers of the American West
- Ninety Degrees North: The Quest for the North Pole - by Fergus Fleming
- Over the Edge of the World: Magellan's Terrifying Circumnavigation of the Globe - A tour of the world emerging from the Middle Ages into the Renaissance
- The Road to Ubar: Finding the Atlantis of the Sands - by Nicholas Clapp
- Sea of Glory - by Nathaniel Philbrick
- Shackleton's Forgotten Expedition: The Voyage of the Nimrod - The vivid and gripping story of a little-known adventurer determined to be the first man to reach the South Pole.
- Stanley: The Impossible Life of Africa's Greatest Explorer - Jeal reveals the extent to which Stanley's public career and intimate life have been misunderstood and undervalued.
- Strange and Dangerous Dreams: The Fine Line Between Adventure and Madness - A clinical psychologist explores the darker physical drama behind the exploits of 11 adventurers
- Terra Incongnita: Travels in Antarctica - by Sara Wheeler
- To the Arctic: An Introduction to the Far Northern World - An introduction to a world sculpted by time, ice, and the struggle to survive.
- Travelling Passions: Stefansson, the Arctic Explorer - The Hidden Life of Vilhjalmur Stefansson
- Travels of Marco Polo
- The Travels of Marco Polo: Volume I - by Marco Polo
- The Travels of Marco Polo: Volume 2 - by Marco Polo
- Trespassers On the Roof of the World - by Peter Hopkirk
- The Trial of the Cannibal Dog - In this masterful account, Salmond retells the story of Captain Cook's great voyages in the South Seas, focusing on the encounters between the explorers and the island peoples they "discovered."
- The Voyage of the Matthew: John Cabot & the Discovery of North America - by Peter Firstbrook
- Weird and Tragic Shores: The Story of Charles Francis Hall, Explorer - by Chauncey C. Loomis
- The White Nile - by Alan Moorehead
- Women of Discovery: A Celebration of Intrepid Women Who Explored the World - by Milbry Polk
- Women of the Four Winds - by Elizabeth F. Olds