- The uproarious and poignant story of one very fat man and one very small country
Carnivorous Nights: On the Trail of the Tasmanian Tiger
- The first mainstream book about Tasmania, perfect for armchair explorers and nature lovers.
The Clumsiest People in Europe
- Revives the comically misinformed and startling prejudices of this unique Victorian eccentric.
Hold the Enlightenment: More Travel, Less Bliss
- America's funniest adventure writer faces down challenges that are animal, topographical--and human.
In a Sunburned Country
- Bill Bryson crisscrosses the "under-discovered" Down Under in search of all things interesting.
In the Merde for Love
- The latest episode in Stephen Clarke's almost-true account of his adventures as an expat in France
Jaguars Ripped My Flesh
- by Tim Cahill
Our Dumb World: The Onion's Atlas of the Planet Earth
- A gut-busting send-up in which no nation escapes unscathed.
Schlepping Through the Alps
- A hilarious account of a journey with Austria's last wandering shepherd.
Silk Road to Ruin: Is Central Asia the New Middle East?
- The adventures of caustic cartoonist Ted Rall in the wild and woolly central Asian countries, a powder keg sitting on tomorrow's oil.
Too Much Tuscan Sun: Confessions of a Chianti Tour Guide
- Written with affection and humor, this book is a Tuscan tour guide's account of some of his more remarkable customers, from the obsessive and the oblivious to the downright lunatic.
A Walk in the Woods: Rediscovering America On the Appalachian Trail
- by Bill Bryson
The War Between the State: Northern California Vs. Southern California
- A hilarious compendium of cultural dish from the front lines
A Year in the Merde
- For a whole new generation of readers who can never quite decide whether they love--or love to hate--the French.
STAFF PICKS- 20% OFF!
US NATIONAL PARKS
BOSTON MARATHON BOOKS
NEW YORK TIMES NOTABLE BOOKS 2011
GCB AFFILIATES PROGRAM
Follow us on Facebook & Twitter:
The Globe Corner Bookstores
Books and Maps for the Traveller
/ Phone: (617) 396-4627
Copyright: The Globe Corner Bookstores, 2012